With 5 locations, expanded staff, CVMG growth aims at patient satisfaction
The CVMG family medicine team continues to keep pace with this expansion through the addition of dedicated and experienced staff. At the outset of 2018, Cucamonga Valley Medical Group announced seven new members of the team.
“We are committed to healthcare that transforms people’s quality of life,” said Dr. Rahmi Mowjood, DO. “These additions to the Cucamonga Valley Medical Group team underscore our dedication to excellence and elevating the patient experience.”
The newest members of the CVMG team include:
- Alexis Martinez, Clinic Manager. Martinez will primarily serve in the Northern Fontana clinic but will rotate to other CVMG locations. A graduate of California State University-Fullerton who holds a M.S. in Healthcare Administration and Leadership from the University of California-San Francisco, Alexis brings experience in recruiting and maintaining contracted providers while also excelling in customer service, claims and contract resolutions.
- Carla Morales, Family Nurse Practitioner. Morales will serve in the Central Fontana clinic. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in psychobiology from UCLA and a Masters of Science in Nursing from California Baptist University. Morales previously served as a RN at Whittier Hospital in Telemetry/DOU.
- Mike A. Delgado, M.A., Communication Manager. Delgado serves in the North Fontana office. He holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in communications from University of Southern California as well as Masters degrees in behavioral science and communications, also from USC. Delgado has extensive experience in communications, admissions and outreach at several universities.
- Marissa Donald, Practice Manager. Donald serves in the North Fontana clinic but also will spend time at each CVMG clinic on a regular basis. She holds a Bachelor of Science in psychology and has more than seven years of experience as a patient access coordinator (PAC), a community outreach supervisor and manager.
- Katie Vaea, Front Office Manager. Vaea will serve the North Fontana office. She is devoted to providing exceptional customer service to CVMG patients through her bridging the gap between front office and provider care. Vaea has been part of the CVMG team since 2012, advancing to management after previously serving in multiple roles. She previously earned CVMG’s Spirit Award for her unparalleled customer service and for exemplifying CVMG’s Core Culture: Life, Love, and Compassion.
- Steven Sanders, Physician Assistant. He will serve in the Upland location. Sanders earned a degree in biological sciences from California State University Fullerton and a master’s degree from Western University. He also has seven years of experience as a LASER technician, operations manager and graphic designer.
- Erika Reyes, licensed and certified Physician Assistant. Reyes serves the North Fontana location. She earned a degree in biology from California Baptist University and a Master’s of Physician Assistant Studies from Western University of Health Sciences. As an active member of Medical Task Force International, Reyes annually provides free medical attention and education to under-served populations globally.
Since 2006, Cucamonga Valley Medical Group has served the Inland Empire. CVMG includes five locations in Upland, Northern Fontana, Central Fontana, Eastvale and Pomona.
CVMG’s growth has impacted patients throughout the Inland Empire. The North Fontana office opened in 2006. Two years later, the Upland office opened and eventually moved to its current location in 2012. The Eastvale and Central Fontana offices each opened in 2015.
The expansion has coincided with CVMG’s assembling a talented team of providers who are highly knowledgeable about the latest medical practices.
CVMG sets a higher healthcare standard while providing services ranging from complete primary care, preventative healthcare and well-child exams to acute medical concerns and chronic illness treatment. CVMG also provides general and sports physicals, in-office procedures, osteopathic manipulative therapy and wellness optimization.