Fontana, California, October 10, 2013. The Mayor and the City Council is proud to announce the Let’s Move! On the Trail event scheduled for Saturday, October 12 from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on the Pacific Electric Trial (PET).
This event is jam-packed with fun activities which are comprised of six parts:
1. Health Fair- The Health Fair will consist of many different organizations that will offer activities and information. Try free sample, view health pamphlets, take stress surveys, receive a back massage and much more!
2. Active Play Area- The Active Play Area is all about having some active fun! Climb rock walls, take a spin in the bubble rollers, check out the inflatable mazes and slides. Skating demonstrations will also be available on site.
3. Bike Ride- The bike ride will begin at 9:00 a.m. Central Park (between Milliken Avenue and Main Street) in Rancho Cucamonga and will follow the PET. It will finish at Seville Park (between Seville Avenue and Cypress Avenue). Be sure to wear your helmet and bring plenty of water.
4. Family Walk/Run- Grab comfortable walking shoes and plenty of water join the rest of the community in the Family Walk/Run with Mayor Acquanetta Warren. It will begin promptly at 9:00 a.m. in Rialto on Maple Avenue. The group will proceed to walk or run on the PET until they reach Mango Avenue.
5. Entertainment- Want to know what Fontana has to offer? There will be live entertainment that will highlight some of the classes Fontana has to offer. From interactive dance performances to physical activity demonstrations to even cooking demonstrations; there where will plenty of entertainment during this event.
6. Farmers’ Market- Make sure to stop by Fontana’s Farmers’ Market located in the Center Stage parking lot on corner of Sierra Avenue and Arrow Boulevard. There are plenty of healthy, yet delicious items to choose from while enjoying the Let’s Move! On the Trial event. The Market is open from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
For details on locations of the activities please check in with the information booths by the Miller Fitness Center (17004 Arrow Boulevard) and the Cypress Center (8380 Cypress Avenue). Also, you can call (909) 349-6900.