On April 20, 2013 The Positive Results Corporation, Women Wonder Writers, and Street Positive have an opportunity to partner with you in making a major difference in the lives of 600 youth in prevention and early intervention of teen dating violence, sex trafficking, and bullying. But first, consider these statistics:
- 1 in 3 adolescent girls in the United States are victims of physical, emotional, or verbal abuse from a dating partner.
- The average age of entry which girls enter prostitution is 13, and this number is still decreasing at an alarming rate.
- Eight percent of 8th and 9th grade students have reported being victims of sexual dating violence.
We need your help with the following:
- Meal Sponsors to support the girls breakfast and lunches. Tax deductible donation of $15/ea. times the number of girls you wish to sponsor.
- Goodie Bag items
- Community Resources and Exhibitors
- Get the word out to promote prevention and early intervention.
Why sit idle when you can make a difference. Most of the major work is done. The School of Behavioral Sciences at Cal Baptist University is sponsoring the space, the collaborative team is busy organizing and planning a great event, youth are anxiously awaiting to attend, an now we need your support to put the exclamation mark on making Stop The Pain an awesome success! Will you help a girl today, so she can thrive on her own in the future without abuse, degradation or violation?
Lets do it together today. Pledge your support.