LOCAL YOUTH WIN BIG AT ANNUAL TROUT DERBY FOR KIDS
Ontario, CA – An amazing 238 youth and their families came to Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park for the annual Trout Derby for Kids on Saturday March 29. The event was organized by San Bernardino County’s Regional Park Department along with Friends of Regional Parks and Bass Pro Shop in Rancho Cucamonga. This event was a great opportunity for young fishing enthusiast to show off their skills and try to catch the biggest fish in the lake. However this derby also offered a prize for the smallest trout caught.
Just about every participant caught something with over 250 trout getting weighed in. An excited 13 year old Lathan Mallory from Bloomington reeled in the winning trout that came in at an impressive 1.05 pounds. Lathan took home a wagon full of fishing supplies and a trophy for his worthy performance. The smallest trout was rewarded to Raychel Leal of La Quinta who caught a whopping 2 oz. beast. It was a great day of fishing and fun for the families that came out for the derby. Congrats to Lathan and Raychel for their great work!
SPRING FESTIVAL & EGG HUNT
On Saturday, April 19, 2014, Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park will hold its annual Spring Festival and Egg Hunt. With a wide variety of activities, the whole family can get in on the fun. Kids of all ages will enjoy egg hunts, bounce houses, face painting, game booths, arts & crafts, and even an egg decorating contest. Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park is your one stop for Easter enjoyment.
Registration is from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and the event runs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with egg hunts starting at 11 a.m. Admission is only $10 per vehicle. For more information visit www.sbcounty.gov/parks or contact (909) 481-4205. Cucamonga-Guasti Regional Park is located at 800 North Archibald Ave, Ontario, CA 91764.
For more information on our other events, visit http://www.sbcounty.gov/parks
Contributed Content – San Bernardino County Parks – Kristie Stevens
San Bernardino County Parks Tweets
- 1 day until Trout Season starts at Glen Helen. All other parks are now stocked with trout. http://t.co/xkoyjcrGOM
- This is the last weekend to experience Ghost Haunt. You don’t want to miss out. October 31 – November 2 http://t.co/NFSKMNoQgg
- Prado Regional Park WILL BE OPEN today while Muck Fest MS is going on in the park. Please be advised.
- 1st weekend of Ghost Haunt at Calico starts today. Visit http://t.co/H4OWjwXTMr for more info or call 1-800-86-CALICO http://t.co/mrI4Ph1DjF
- Trout Season starts today at Prado, Yucaipa, Mojave Narrows, and Guasti. *Glen Helen Trout Season will start 10/31. http://t.co/cEmoRnDvs5
- Glen Helen Regional Park will be closed at 12pm today until Monday at 12pm for Knotfest. Sorry for the inconvenience.
- Calling all goblins for Ghost Haunt at #CalicoGhostTown this weekend 10/24-10/26.
- Please follow us at our new Twitter account @sbcountyparks
- 7 Days until Trout Season starts at Prado, Yucaipa, Mojave Narrows, and Cucamonga-Guasti. Call for info 909-387-2757 http://t.co/OFTcxhzV1K
- #TBT to first Food Truck Festival. Don’t miss our Spooktacular Food Truck Event 10/19 at Guasti in Ontario from 11-4 http://t.co/GYSgevDYAj