PRSA-IE and the California Baptist University PRSSA chapter invite PRSA professionals to speak at our second annual YoPro conference. This one-day conference is designed for young professionals and PRSSA students to gain insight into the public relations profession, network with Inland Empire practitioners, as well as enhance their education.
The conference will take place on Saturday, Oct. 11 at California Baptist University in Riverside, Calif.
PRSA-IE welcomes proposals from public relations practitioners in agency settings or solo practitioners, as well as experts in related fields, including, but not limited to, management, human resources, legal issues and interactive communications.
This call for presentations will show preference to the following topics:
• Media relations
• Pitching 101
• Interviewing skills
• Internship life
• Social Media
• Industry trends
• Non-profit work
• Agency life
• Corporate public relations
• Public affairs
• Other presentation topics will also be considered.
Provide the following information in a Word document and email your application to Sandra Romo firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2014 at 5 p.m. Notification to all applicants regarding accepted presentations will be made no later than Aug. 15, 2014.
2. Professional Title(s)
3. Organization/Company Name
4. Mailing Address
6. Email Address
7. Twitter Handle (if applicable)
8. Biography (200 words max.)
9. Website address (if applicable)
10. Event References (if applicable) — List conferences where you have presented (at least three, with topics provided for each), as well as the name, phone number and email address of a primary contact person at each event. If available, please provide an evaluation form from at least one presentation of a similar type.
2. Description and Content (100 words max.).
3. Three Learning Objectives (“At the end of this session, attendees will know…”)
Submit proposals and any questions to Sandra Romo email@example.com 951-343-4441.
Please Note: PRSA-IE does not reimburse presenters for out-of-pocket expenses such as hotels and airfare, nor provide speaker stipends. Presenters selected for sessions will receive one complimentary registration, which includes meals.