Federal & State Basic Payroll Tax Seminar
As an employer, you are faced with many challenges and responsibilities. It is to your advantage to know your obligations and understand the processing and payment of your employment taxes to the state and federal governments. Presented by representatives from the California Employment Development Department and an Enrolled Agent with the Internal Revenue Service, this one-day seminar will educate you on the current employment tax laws and help you to avoid costly mistakes and penalties.
Topics to be discussed include:
- Determining employee vs. independent contractor
- Identifying what payments will be considered wages
- Completing the required forms
- Complying with due dates and reporting options
- Reviewing new laws and emerging issues
This event is being hosted by the Riverside County Workforce Investment Board.
Thursday, March 1, 2012 from 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Workforce Development Center – Southwest
30135 Technology Drive in Murrieta
There will be no charge to attend this event.
Register online at www.iesmallbusiness.com.