This will be the third Stater Bros. supermarket to serve Sun City/Menifee communities
SAN BERNARDINO, CA – Stater Bros. is pleased to announce the grand opening of its third supermarket to serve the City of Menifee and nearby Sun City. Local residents are promised a conveniently-located, full-service shopping experience along with Stater Bros.’ exceptional customer service and expanded fresh offerings.
The new supermarket is located at 29061 Newport Road in the Shoppes at the Lakes development.
To celebrate the grand opening, a ribbon cutting ceremony will be held in front of the new store at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, July 12, 2017 and the new supermarket will officially open for business immediately following the festivities. After Wednesday, the store will be open daily from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m., and will be led by Store Manager Kelvin Austin, who has over 19 years of service with the Company.
At 45,112 sq. ft., the supermarket will feature:
- A Full Service Fresh Meat Department with Stater Bros. famous certified Meat Cutters ready to serve you
- A Full Service Fresh Seafood Department with friendly seafood experts to assist with selection
- FujiSan Handcrafted Sushi made in-house daily
- A Full Service Deli including Cleo & Leo exclusive recipe and always fresh hand-breaded fried chicken, specialty sandwiches and wraps, and full line of prepared party trays
- Full Service Hot Bakery with a full selection of Artisan breads and rolls, specialty single serve desserts, Cleo and Leo line of classic cakes and in-house cake decorators to assist with all special occasion needs
- A Relaxing Café and Seating Area with USB charging outlets and access to free Wi-Fi
- Floral Department for that special gift of fresh flowers, plants or floral arrangements
- Garden Fresh Produce Department featuring more than 1,000 items with expanded organic selections and fruit cut fresh daily
- Energy-efficient LED lighting in addition to glass doors on refrigerated cases to reduce energy consumption
To further celebrate the grand opening and to honor Stater Bros. long-standing tradition of giving back to the communities it serves, Stater Bros. Charities will present donations to the Menifee Valley Community Cupboard for their School Backpack Program; the Assistance League of the Temecula Valley for their Operation School Bell Program; the Neighborhood Healthcare Centerfor the Unfunded Care Fund; the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department for their Community Services Fund; the Friends of the Sun City Library for their STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) program; and the VFW Post 1956 for support of veterans in need.
“We were founded in 1936 by WWII veterans Cleo and Leo Stater, and led by Navy veteran and late Executive Chairman Jack H. Brown for over 35 years, all who strongly believed in the American Dream and were committed to providing our customers with the best shopping experience in town,” stated Stater Bros. President and CEO Pete Van Helden. “This new supermarket is a testament to their patriotic legacy and demonstrates Stater Bros. ongoing commitment to honoring the traditions that make us such a great fit in this Purple Heart City,” Van Helden concluded.
Stater Bros. was founded in 1936 in Yucaipa, California, and has grown steadily through the years to become the largest privately owned Supermarket Chain in Southern California and the largest private employer in both San Bernardino County and Riverside County. The Company currently operates 169 Supermarkets, and there are approximately 18,000 members of the Stater Bros. Supermarket Family. For more information, visit staterbros.com.