Submitted by Frank Herendeen Cultural Arts Commissioner 909-793-333
Young artists ages 5 through 21 are invited to show and sell their art at the Second Redlands Area Youth Spectacular Saturday, April 16. R.A.Y.S. 2011 Young Artists Festival will be held from 10:00 – 4:00 in downtown Redlands on State Street and Ed Hales Park. State Street from Cajon to 6th Street will be closed for this special art show sponsored by Redlands Cultural Arts Commission.
All public and private school artists 5-21, in the Redlands area may show and sell up to four pieces of their favorite paintings, drawings, photographs, sculptures, or ceramics.
Winning artists in each category will be awarded $50, $25, $10, plus other prizes. No entry fees are required. Entry form can be found online at http://2011ArtRocks.com. Deadline for turning in all art is April 11, 2011.
RAYS 2011 YOUNG ARTISTS FESTIVAL RULES
1. Each young artist may enter up to four (4) pieces of art in the show.
2. Any teacher may enter class art projects in the show. For class projects, only one (1) piece of art per student.
3. Every piece of art must be accompanied by a completed ENTRY FORM, available online at http://2011ArtRocks.com or Redlands Unified School District Office, Curriculum & Instruction Department, contact Carianne Mackamul at RUSD Ed. Services 909-748-6750 or Redlands City Hall.
NON-RUSD artists may email email@example.com
4. Paintings, drawings and photo art must be at least 5 x 7 inches in size. All may be larger than this. Maximum size allowed: 60 x 60 inches.
5. Pictures may be done in any medium (oil, pastels, water color, crayon, pencil, etc.) Each entry must be on substantial material such as canvas, heavy paper, or tag board. Photo art must be on good quality photo print paper.
6. Framing is preferred, but not required. All work, except oil on canvas, acrylic on board, must be clean and mounted on matt board or foam core board, suitable for hanging.
7. Every piece of art must be signed by the artist.
8. Every piece must be labeled with artist’s name, age, and school or sponsoring organization. Labels are printed at the bottom of the entry form page. Labels must be cut off the form and attached firmly to the lower right corner of each matt board.
9. RUSD STUDENTS: Students entering pictures or photo art through Redlands Unified School District must turn all art work and completed entry forms to the Redlands Unified School District Office, Curriculum & Instruction Department, Carianne Mackamul at RUSD Ed. Services 909-748-6750 or Redlands City Hall by the April 11th deadline.
10. NON- RUSD STUDENTS: Artists entering through clubs, other organizations, or independent of RUSD must turn all art work and completed entry forms to their own school offices by the April 11th deadline to be picked up by RAYS or non-RUSD artists my bring their art work and completed entry forms to the registration table at ED HALES PARK on April 16, between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
11. Artists entering ceramics or sculpture must bring art work and completed entry form to the registration table ED HALES PARK on April 16, between 7:30 a.m. and 9:00 a.m.
12. Artists entering ceramics or sculptures are responsible for bringing their own tables or stands to display work.
13. Young artists are invited to sell their art work at the show. HOWEVER, young artists wishing to sell their art MUST ATTEND THE SHOW IN PERSON AND REMAIN AT THE SHOW DURING EXHIBIT HOURS.
14. Young artists under age 18 and who wish to sell their art must be accompanied by a responsible adult able to assist with the sale of any art work.
15. Artists are responsible for picking up their own art work between 4:00 and 4:30 on the day of the show. The Cultural Arts Commission is not responsible for art work that is not picked up by 4:30, or art that is lost, stolen or damaged.
16. For further assistance or questions, please contact the Redlands Unified School District Office, Curriculum & Instruction Department, Carianne Mackamul at 909-748-6750 or firstname.lastname@example.org – NON-RUSD artists may email email@example.com.