Summer Hands-On Workshop: Master, Manage and Measure Your Social Media Programs
Join PRSA-CIEC for a hands-on workshop with social media expert Rebecca Markarian of the Social Method. During this special full-day workshop you will learn to create, manage and measure an effective social media program. Whether you are just getting started or have already begun to implement these tools, this workshop will provide a hands-on opportunity to learn new ways to use these tools efficiently and effectively to manage your day-to-day social media program.
- Date: Wednesday, June 29, 2011
- Time: 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Location: Hampton Inn & Suites 4250 Riverwalk Parkway Riverside, CA 92505
- Cost: See breakdown below
- To register, contact: Nicole Dailey email@example.com (951) 833-5497
During this workshop, we will:
- Walk you through the use of top social media tools step-by-step.
- Teach you how to setup many of these tools for your organization.
- Give you a valuable toolkit with the templates you will need to get started.
This is a TRUE WORKSHOP, so you must bring a laptop with WiFi!
The workshop will be broken into three sessions:
Session 1: Three P’s of Social Media – Plan, Policy, Process*
10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
- Writing a Social Media Plan – a template will be provided.
- Setting a Social Media Policy – a template will be provided.
- Creating a Process for the Social Media Team – a template will be provided. .
Session 2: Implementing Your Social Media Plan
- Creating a Social Media Content Calendar – a template will be provided.
- Begin Listening. You will enroll in, setup and learn tips of how to effectively use monitoring tools (including Social Mention and Google Alerts).
- Efficiently manage your day-to-day social media program using top management tools such as Hootsuite. You will create a Hootsuite account and learn how best to use this tool to manage and monitor your social networks.
Session 3: Measuring Social Media Success
- Understanding the basics of analytics and how to use them to demonstrate success.
- Interpreting data and creating meaningful reports. Explore and setup key measurement tools including Facebook Insights, Sprout Social and Hootsuite Analytics.
- Evaluating these results and adjusting your program accordingly.
What’s more, at the end of the day you will take home a social media guide:
- Templates for a:
- Social Media Plan
- Social Media Content Calendar
- Social Media Policy
- Social Media Process
- Informative Guides for:
- Tools you should consider
- Tips for Twitter
- Creating a Facebook Page
- Developing a Monitoring System that Works
Cost to attend:
A continental breakfast and lunch will be provided. Seating is limited. Please register early as we’re expecting a sell-out. Bring Your Boss to this session at a reduced rate.
$80 for PRSA-CIEC Members
$100 for Non-Members
$65 for Students
Session 1 Only (10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.) – Includes continental breakfast
$25 PRSA-CIEC Members