GINO FILIPPI ANNOUNCES RUN FOR THIRD TERM
Upland, CA – City of Upland Council Member Gino L. Filippi announced he will seek re-election in 2018. Over the past few years Upland has not only turned around, but it has moved forward on a path of continued stability and success.
“We’ve taken bold steps to improve city finances and public safety but there’s more to do. I’m excited about where we are going, and for this reason I am seeking re-election to City Council in 2018,” said Council Member Filippi, an Upland native.
“I will continue to keep a diligent eye on our city’s finances, make sure we have a balanced budget, and see that the city spends money wisely. I will work even harder to reduce crime and homelessness.”
Filippi was first elected in 2010, with a promise to improve Upland’s public safety services, roads and Library. He offered an alternative to old ways of doing business at City Hall, and he continues to do so today. As a Board Member of our local water company, Filippi knows the importance of maintaining our water resources and investing in our infrastructure.
Filippi is the Chair of the City of Upland’s Police and Fire Committee and continues to make Public Safety top priority. He also serves on regional boards, commissions and task forces to advance and protect the interests of Upland residents and business. He is a longtime supporter of the Upland Public Library and Upland youth sports. Filippi is committed to community.
With a track record of success, Council Member Gino Filippi is again asking voters for another term to build upon this foundation and continue his efforts on behalf of the residents and businesses of Upland.
“I love Upland, and lived here for over 45 years. I have deep ties to this community that we all cherish. I have worked hard and been involved in this community for all my life. I know the job and ready to keep working hard for you and hope I can count on your support in 2018.”
Filippi Endorsements for 2018 Re-election include:
- Janice Rutherford – San Bernardino County Supervisor 2nd District
- Curt Hagman – San Bernardino County Supervisor 4th District
- Paul Leon – Mayor City of Ontario
- Martin Thouvenell – Ret. Police Chief City of Upland
- Acquanetta Warren – Mayor City of Fontana
- Dennis Michael – Mayor City of Rancho Cucamonga
- Sam Pedroza – Claremont Council Member
- Bill Ruh – Montclair Council Member
- Richard G. Anderson – Former Mayor City of Upland
- Greg Caldwell – Upland Resident and Ret. Police Chief City of Montclair
- Roman Roach Foronda – Lifetime Upland Resident and Artist Musician
- Debbie Stone – Upland Mayor