Above Photo: Graduates of the “It’s Your Time: An Entrepreneurial Training Program for Women”
Colton, Ca – On May 20, 2019, 22 female entrepreneurs were recognized for their achievements as part of the Inland Empire Women’s Business Center/Citibank “It’s Your Time: An Entrepreneurial Training Series for Women” program (IYT).
Program participants were required to take 13 workshops, meet with business counselors, and complete a business plan, and plans that were submitted on time were entered into a competition. Felicia Ross of Rancho Cucamonga took first prize, with Marcella Turner-Grey of Moreno Valley placing second, and Naomi Bonman, also of Moreno Valley, placing third. Winners received prize packages of services including accounting, professional marketing, sales training, and executive coaching to help them start their businesses.
A total of 22 women from seven different cities were recognized for their participation and achievements in the Spring 2019 IYT session:
- Fatima Abdul Hamid – Moreno Valley
- Dechane’t Alexander – Victorville
- Eileen Angulo – Chino Hills
- Naomi Bonman – Moreno Valley
- Rosario Briseno – Fontana
- Emily E. Danner – Moreno Valley
- Dawn Demeritte – Rialto
- Mariela Diocares Pacheco – Riverside
- Sifael Eliamani – Moreno Valley
- Sasha Frank – Rancho Cucamonga
- Emily Nudge – Moreno Valley
- Joelle Passerello – Victorville
- Maria Piccone – Riverside
- Jeimy Ramirez-Figueroa – Fontana
- Felicia Ross – Rancho Cucamonga
- Dolores Session – Riverside
- Stacy Pagan – Rancho Cucamonga
- Stacy Reynolds – Riverside
- Antoinette Smith – Ontario
- Stephanie Spells – Victorville
- Joycelyn Stallworth – Rialto
- Marcella Turner-Grey – Moreno Valley
The application period for the Fall 2019 session of “It’s Your Time” is now open to women in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties and applications will be accepted through Friday, Aug. 9, 2019. Early application is encouraged, and applicants can begin taking workshops upon acceptance into the program. For additional information and an application, please visit the IEWBC website or contact Delesa Barnes at 909-890-1242.
The Inland Empire Women’s Business Center, 1003 E. Cooley Drive, Suite 109 in Colton, is a program of the Inland Empire Center for Entrepreneurship at Cal State San Bernardino. Housed in the Jack H. Brown College of Business and Public Administration, IECE, which administers the program in collaboration with the U.S. Small Business Administration, is inland Southern California’s leading organization dedicated to supporting and promoting entrepreneurship. The IEWBC provides business counseling, training and mentoring designed for women business owners.
The Inland Empire Women’s Business Center hours are Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday by appointment only. For more information, visit the IEWBC website at www.iewbc.org or contact Delesa Barnes at (909) 890-1242.