Fontana, Ca– Mayor Acquanetta Warren was appointed to California State Treasurer Fiona Ma’s new Housing, Economic Development, Jobs and Opportunity Zone Ad Hoc Committee, alongside 11 other housing and economic development experts.
Committee members will assist the State Treasurer’s Office by creating out-of-the-box strategies to achieve the Treasurer’s housing and economic development goals. These goals include increasing housing production, increasing efficiencies in the use of resources available for housing production, and empowering people to be part of the development occurring in their communities.
“Affordable and accessible housing is a statewide issue, and I am eager to represent Fontana at the forefront of creating solutions that will not only make a difference for the City of Fontana, but for the State of California,” states Mayor Warren.
Mayor Warren is the only mayor appointed to the newly-formed Housing, Economic Development, Jobs and Opportunity Zone Ad Hoc Committee. The 12 members are:
- Acquanetta Warren, Mayor of the City of Fontana.
- Angelov Farooq, Owner of AVM Innovation Consulting, LLC.
- Ashley Swearengin, President and CEO of Central Valley Community Foundation.
- Candace Bond McKeever, President and CEO of Strategic Solutions Group Inc.
- Carlos Rodriguez, Executive Officer of the Building Industry Association, Southern California, Baldy View Chapter.
- Dalila Sotelo, Managing Director and Vice President of the Integral Group, LLC.
- Jim Reynolds, Chairman and CEO of Loop Capital.
- Michael Chan, President of ASIAN Inc.
- Priscilla Chan, Co-founder and Co-CEO of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
- Sergio Sanchez, Former Councilmember, City of Salinas.
- Veronica Smith, Founder and Principal of Impact Brands Inc.
- William Leach, Founder of Kingdom Development Inc.
For more information about Mayor Acquanetta Warren, visit the City of Fontana website here.