St. Bernadine’s Parish Celebrates 150th Anniversary
San Bernardino, Calif. – Come celebrate the 150th anniversary of St. Bernardine Parish at our Sesquicentennial Ceremonial Mass on Sunday, May 20th at 11:00 am, followed by a reception.
Founded in 1862, St. Bernardine is the oldest parish in San Bernardino. In addition to this year marking the 150th anniversary of the parish, it also marks the 100th anniversary of the completion of the current church building, rebuilt after a fire in 1910.
Located downtown at 531 North F Street, the public is invited to join Bishop Gerald R. Barnes from the Diocese of San Bernardino, along with former Bishop Phillip Straling, the diocese’s first bishop and a native of San Bernardino as we celebrate this milestone.
For more information on the parish’s anniversary activities, contact Lorraine O’Campo Velarde at (909) 910-2854.