2nd Annual Hot Rods & Classic Cars roll out to benefit Chino Valley Veterans of Foreign War & Local Homeless Pets
October 22, 2011
Chino Valley VFW Post #11546 and West End Shelter for Animals in Ontario are teaming up to host their 2nd annual “Vets & Pets Charity Car Show”fundraiser to help raise awareness of each organizations outreach, services and programs offered to the community.
- What: 2nd Annual Vets & Pets Charity Classic Car Show with DJ Retro Rick
- When: Saturday, October 22, 2011 from 11:30 a.m-2:30 p.m. rain or shine
- Where: Flo’s Airport Café at Chino Airport – at Merrill & Euclid – 7000 Merrill Avenue, Chino, CA 91710
- FREE general admission
- Special Guests: War Heroes – War dog and Handler/Partner www.feedthedawgs.com and therapy dogs from the Veteran’s Administration Hospital in Loma Linda.
- Car Entry: $20 fee and pre-registration is required, as only 100 spaces are available.
This community event will feature top “10” car awards, doggie dress-up contest, music, opportunity drawings, vendors, food, and fun! Guests are encouraged to bring their dog, as long as it is well-behaved, up to date on vaccinations, and on a leash at all times.
For more information, please contact VFW Post #11546 volunteer Committee Chairperson.
Chino Valley VFW POST 11546 – Service to the Veteran Community includes providing scholarships to high achieving students in high school, giving financial support to Boy Scout Troops, Cub Scout Troops, Young Marines, Veterans and their families with financial hardships, participating in local parades, air shows, military museums, providing a year round U.S. Flag retirement program for tattered U.S. Flags and sending “care packages” to U.S. Military troops serving overseas among many other services. www.mylocalvfw.com
West End Shelter for Animals in Ontario, CA, established in 1954, is a non-profit, no kill center for pet placement and adoption center where approximately 200 homeless dogs and cats currently await placement. On average, the shelter is able to place over 800 animals annually, and serves San Bernardino & Riverside Counties. The shelter offers low-cost vaccination clinics, among many other services. www.WestEndShelter.com.