Open Call for Artwork by California Veterans
Palm Desert, Ca – College of the Desert Marks Art Center is looking for artwork by Veterans to showcase in our upcoming Veterans Art Exhibition scheduled for August 27-September 26, 2018.
Any veteran using art as a means of expression in all disciplines are welcome, to include two-dimensional (2D) or three-dimensional (3D) work. Please submit all email entries to Anna-Marie Veloz, Interim Faculty Director for the Marks Art Center.
Entry deadlines must be submitted by August 10, 2018, and to be eligible, you must be a veteran in Southern CA
To apply, the required materials as stated below must be submitted electronically, please email to Anna-Marie Veloz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can submit up to three (3) artworks, open theme
- Description of the piece(s) including materials and dimensions
- Include complete contact information (address, phone number, and email address)
- Include where you served, year, branch of military
Guidelines for Artwork,
- All two-dimensional (2D) artwork (painting, drawing, photography, digital design) has a maximum size limitation of 24×30 inches
- All three-dimensional (3D) artwork (sculpture) maximum size limitation is on a case by case basis.
- Three‐dimensional works, will likely be exhibited on gallery pedestals (provided by the Marks Art Center), unless a work is intended as a floor or wall piece. All wall pieces must have a secure fastened backing and ready for display.
The Marks Art Center will do their best to include as many artworks as possible, but this will depend on the size, number of pieces submitted and space availability.
For any information please contact Anna-Marie Veloz at 760-776-7377 or email email@example.com Thank you! Open Call for Artwork by Local Veterans
About the College of the Desert
College of the Desert is one of over 112 community colleges in California and a vital part of the world’s largest system of higher education. The governing body of College of the Desert is the Desert Community College District, which has five elected members on its Board of Trustees and a Student Trustee elected by the Student Body.
The college was founded in 1958 and opened its doors for the first time in September 1962. The current average student enrollment each semester is approximately 10,000.
www.collegeofthedesert.edu – 43500 Monterey Avenue Palm Desert, CA 92260 760.776.7377