Community Assistance Program Seminars in August
Fontana, California – In the Month of August the Mayor and City Council invite the public to explore no-cost seminars available through the Community Assistance Program (CAP). Please register for seminars prior to attending. The following seminars are available:
- Lean 5S on Thursday, August 4 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Lean 5S is a workplace methodology that uses a 5 step process to dramatically improve you company’s bottom line. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
- Foreclosure Prevention on Thursday, August 11 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This workshop provides information and resources on what action steps to take and what options are available if your mortgage becomes delinquent, you are facing foreclosure, or you are facing a mortgage interest reset, which you can no longer afford once adjusted. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151
- How to Qualify For a Business Loan on Thursday, August 18 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Learn the 5 “C” of credit and alternative finance options for start-up, existing, and acquisition businesses. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
- Computer Training on Tuesdays from August 23 – September 27 from 10:30am-12:30pm. Learn basic computer skills during this 6 week program. Also learn components of Word, Power Point, Publisher and Excel. To register call (909)803-1059 ext.198.
- ABC’S of Starting Your Own Business on Thursday, August 25 from 6:30pm-8:30pm. Understand steps to starting a business, funding, license, permits and business plan writing. To register please call the Cypress Neighborhood Center at (909) 349-6988.
- Identity Theft on Thursday, August 25 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Learn to protect yourself from the growing problem, and find out what to do if you are victim. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
The City of Fontana in partnership with Water of Life Community Church, offers Fontana residents no-cost or low-cost services through the Community Assistance Program (CAP). CAP readily provides residents with resources to enrich the lives of families and individuals, enabling them to lead more productive lives. Fontana’s CAP program brings together community assistance organizations, local churches and schools to create a network designed to solve problems and help those in need. For more information call (909) 803-1059 extension 198 or visit CAP online at www.fontanacap.org.