Community Assistance Program Seminars in July
Fontana, California, June 23, 2011. The Mayor and City Council invite the public to explore the no-cost seminars available through the Community Assistance Program (CAP). Please register for seminars prior to attending. The following seminars are available in July:
- Budgeting 101 on Thursday, July 7 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This class is designed to help you discover whether you have the skills and abilities to start your own business. In this workshop discover how to figure out if you should be an entrepreneur rather than an employee. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151
- Establish Business Through Social Networks on Thursday, July 14 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Explore social networks, such as Facebook and Linked-In, and learn how to develop strong partnerships and build trust from customers. To register please call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
- P.A.I.R.S. (Practical Application of Intimate Relationship Skills) on Thursday, July 7 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. This workshop can strengthen marriages, families and communities. P.A.I.R.S covers such topics as levels of learning, stages of relationship, hopes/fears, stress, styles of communication and caring behaviors. To register please call the Cypress Neighborhood Center at (909) 349-6988.
- How To Fix Your Own Credit on Thursday, July 21 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. Learn and understand your credit report, credit score, what’s in a credit report, how long items must legally be reported, how to dispute your own inaccuracies and the simple ways to improve your FICO score. To register please call the Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
- Time Management on Thursday, July 28 from 6:00pm-8:00pm. If you are doing more and enjoying it less, it is time to make real choices about how and when to spend your time. This seminar gives you the tools to find a balance, achieve you goals and be more effective and productive. To register call the Fontana Community Senior Center at (909) 854-5151.
The City of Fontana in partnership with Water of Life Community Church, offers Fontana residents no-cost or low-cost services through the Community Assistance Program (CAP). CAP readily provides residents with resources to enrich the lives of families and individuals, enabling them to lead more productive lives. Fontana’s CAP program brings together community assistance organizations, local churches and schools to create a network designed to solve problems and help those in need. For more information on CAP call (909) 803-1059 extension 198 or visit www.fontanacap.org.