Gallo Winery Joins Culinary Salon Riverside
Largest Family-Owned Winery in the World to Present its Barefoot Cellars, William Hill Estate and Bridlewood Winery in September Event’s Wine Garden
E&J Gallo Winery as the event’s first exhibiting wine sponsor.
E&J Gallo Winery is the largest family-owned winery in the world today, and is the second largest winery in terms of volume. Sixteen family members spanning three generations of the Gallo family actively work at the Winery. Headquartered in Modesto, California, E&J Gallo Winery remains a privately-held and ever-growing company that employs more than 5,000 people worldwide.
At Culinary Salon Riverside, E&J Gallo Winery will present three of its brands in the Wine Garden: Barefoot Cellars, William Hill Estate and Bridlewood Winery.
“E. & J. Gallo Winery is proud to be a part of the inaugural Culinary Salon Riverside,” said Debbie Pellkofer, CSW, Fine Wine Specialist for E&J Gallo Winery. “We’ve worked with The Historic Mission Inn Hotel & Spa for years and hope to be involved with the Salon for years to come.”
The concept of Culinary Salon Riverside was developed by Duane R. Roberts, who with his wife Kelly are the “Keepers of The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa.” The event involves a collaboration of organizations and talented individuals throughout the Inland Empire region: Riverside Community College Culinary Academy, the American Culinary Federation Southern California (ACF) and the California Inland Empire Chefs & Cooks Association. The array of activities will include:
- The Duane R. Roberts Culinary Competitions. Both professionals and students will compete in more than 30 categories in various locations throughout Downtown Riverside. American Culinary Federation (ACF)-sanctioned categories will include the savory and sweet, as well as ice carving.
- The Judges. ACF-certified judges from around the nation will oversee the competitions.
- The Prizes. Awards and prize monies will be slated for each category, with Best of Salon as the “crème de la crème.”
- The Demonstrations. Visitors will enjoy observing professional and celebrity chefs as they demonstrate their skills and expertise.
- The Celebrations. Culinary Salon Riverside will feature many displays, demonstrations, competitions, cocktail parties and dinners in an extraordinary atmosphere of international world-class cuisine.
“Duane Roberts is a true visionary, and this event is the first of its kind for Riverside,” said City of Riverside Mayor Ron Loveridge. “The culinary arts are a unique cornerstone of Riverside’s Arts and Innovation.”
For more information, please visit www.culinarysalonriverside.com.