Packinghouse Brewing Company Joins Culinary Salon Riverside as Exhibiting Sponsor
Local Micro Brewery to Demonstrate Beer-Making and Present Cooking-With-Beer Recipes at September Event
RIVERSIDE, Calif.— Culinary Salon Riverside, scheduled for September 22-25, 2011 at The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa and other Historic Downtown Riverside locations, has announced Packinghouse Brewing Company as one of the event’s first exhibiting sponsors.
Packinghouse Brewing was founded in Riverside less than two years ago, when friends Sam Stager and Tim Worthington approached Master Brewer Don McAllister about opening a craft brewery. A simple idea quickly became a full-fledged company through careful planning and hard work. Today, Packinghouse shares its finely crafted beer with thirsty patrons all over the Inland Empire.
At Culinary Salon Riverside, Packinghouse Brewing will demonstrate beer making and will also present food recipes that feature its micro brews to event attendees. Through its demonstrations, Packinghouse will showcase innovative and original beer-making techniques. The citrus theme of the inaugural Culinary Salon Riverside was one of the elements that attracted Packinghouse to the event.
“More than a century ago the California citrus industry was born in our own city of Riverside,” said Worthington, co-owner of Packinghouse Brewing Company. “The citrus boom rapidly brought much prosperity and attention to the entire region. The Packinghouse Brewing Company name is a nostalgic tribute to the area’s original citrus packinghouses and the hard working laborers that brought about California’s “Second Gold Rush.” We’re honored to carry on the same tradition of a strong work ethic and support to our community through events like Culinary Salon Riverside.”
The concept of Culinary Salon Riverside was developed by Duane R. Roberts, who with his wife Kelly are the “Keepers of The Mission Inn Hotel & Spa.” The event involves a collaboration of organizations and talented individuals throughout the Inland Empire region: Riverside Community College Culinary Academy, the American Culinary Federation Southern California (ACF) and the California Inland Empire Chefs & Cooks Association. The array of activities will include:
- The Duane R. Roberts Culinary Competitions. Both professionals and students will compete in more than 30 categories in various locations throughout Downtown Riverside. American Culinary Federation (ACF)-sanctioned categories will include the savory and sweet, as well as ice carving.
- The Judges. ACF-certified judges from around the nation will oversee the competitions.
- The Prizes. Awards and prize monies will be slated for each category, with Best of Salon as the “crème de la crème.”
- The Demonstrations. Visitors will enjoy observing professional and celebrity chefs as they demonstrate their skills and expertise.
- The Celebrations. Culinary Salon Riverside will feature many displays, demonstrations, competitions, cocktail parties and dinners in an extraordinary atmosphere of international world-class cuisine.
“Duane Roberts is a true visionary, and this event is the first of its kind for Riverside,” said City of Riverside Mayor Ron Loveridge. “The culinary arts are a unique cornerstone of Riverside’s Arts and Innovation.”
For more information, please visit www.culinarysalonriverside.com.