Amazon Giving Back to the Inland Empire
Inland Empire, CA – Amazon fulfillment centers in the Inland Empire are poised to delight and surprise Amazon.com customers this holiday season across the Inland Empire and worldwide. Holiday items and gifts will be picked, packed and shipped from the fulfillment centers to doorsteps around the world thanks to the dedication of Amazon employees.
Related Posts – Amazon Brings Expertise to Help Feeding America of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties
Here are some fun holiday facts from Amazon’s southern California fulfillment centers:
- Amazon managers in San Bernardino, Redlands, Moreno Valley and Rialto passed out over 8,000 pumpkin and apple pies to associates to take home for holidays.
- Amazon managers in San Bernardino, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Rialto and Eastvale served over 10,000 traditional holiday meals to associates, which equates to over 3000 lbs. of turkey served!
- At any given time, there can be more than 15 million items in an Amazon fulfillment center: that’s enough to give at least three holiday presents to every person in the Inland Empire and still have some left over!*
- This holiday season, Amazon created 12,000 seasonal positions across California to help meet increased customer demand. Amazon currently employs more than 15,000 full-time regular employees in the IE alone!
- To spread holiday cheer to associates that work so hard for our customers, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of prizes such as gift cards, televisions, vacation packages, theme park tickets and Amazon devices have been raffled off to associates in San Bernardino, Redlands, Moreno Valley, Eastvale and Rialto.
- The fulfillment center in San Bernardino donated over $100,000 worth of school supplies to Arrowhead and Riley Elementary Schools in San Bernardino, CA to give thanks to educators during the Thanksgiving holiday.
- Additionally, the San Bernardino team donated over $20,000 in toys to the San Bernardino Police Department’s annual holiday toy drive to help make the holidays happen for needy youth throughout San Bernardino.
- The Moreno Valley team partnered with Moreno Valley Police Department to personally deliver 15 holiday trees and toys to needy families in Moreno Valley.
- To celebrate the season, over 100 holiday trees and inflatable decorations are on display within our Inland Empire fulfillment centers.
*Population of Riverside and San Bernardino counties is 4.5 million, as of 2015