Assemblyman Mike Morrell Announces Run for State Senate
Respected local businessman announces the launch of his campaign to represent the 23rd Senate District.
(RANCHO CUCAMONGA) – Last Friday, Senator Emmerson submitted his resignation effective December 1, 2013. I would like to express appreciation for his service to the people of California.
It was with great conviction that I announced my candidacy for the 23rd Senate District. The days leading up to my decision were busy; I sought counsel from family, trusted-advisors and Republican Leadership.
I believe that I will be able to seamlessly assume the duties of Senator and effectively represent the Senate District. In the State Assembly I have the privilege of already representing half of the seat. I’ve lived in the Inland Empire all my life – I know the people and their concerns.
Serving the public is an honor and a responsibility that I take seriously. When elected to the Senate, I will continue to work hard to make government more responsive to the people. Reducing red tape and costly regulatory policies to retain and create jobs will also be a top priority for me.
I am grateful to my family and friends for their support. I consider it a privilege to have represented the constituents in the 40th Assembly District and look forward to representing them as their Senator.
Lastly, thanks to a host of elected officials who endorsed since announcing my candidacy for the California State Senate:
-Partial List –
- Congressman Garry Miller
- Senator Joel Anderson
- Senator Ray Haynes
- Senator Steve Knight
- Senator Jim Nielsen
- Assemblymember Katcho Achadjian
- Assemblymember Travis Allen
- Assemblymember Brian Dahle
- Assemblymember Shannon Groves
- Assemblymember Brian Jones
- Assemblymember Allan Mansoor
- Assemblymember Jim Patterson
- Assemblymember Don Wagner
- Assemblymember Marie Waldron
- Assemblymember Scott Wilk
- Supervisor Kevin Jeffries, County of Riverside
- Mayor Roger Berg, City of Beaumont
- Mayor Larry McCallon, City of Highland
- Mayor Dennis Michael, City Rancho Cucamonga
- Mayor Ray Musser, City of Upland
- Mayor Rhodes Rigsby, City of Loma Linda
- Mayor Acquanetta Warren, City of Fontana
- Mayor Pro Tem Penny Lilburn
- Mayor Pro Tem Sam Spagnolo, City of Rancho Cucamonga
- Councilmember Phill Dupper, City of Loma Linda
- Councilmember Pat Gilbreath, City of Redlands
- Former Councilmember Ross Jones, City of Highland
- Councilmember Tom Masner, City of Yucaipa
- Councilmember Jody Scott, City of Highland
- Councilmember Lydia Wibert, City of Fontana
- Jim Curatalo, Boardmember, Cucamonga Valley Water District
- Kathy Tiegs, Board member, Cucamonga Valley Water District
- Rancho Cucamonga Fire Fighters Association
- Inland Empire Taxpayers Association