Standing Firm with Integrity during a Crisis Is Topic for Local Professional Development Luncheon
Riverside, CA – Formed in 1965, the PRSA California Inland Empire Chapter (PRSA-CIEC) brings together public relations professionals and businesses in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties for both members of the PRSA-CIEC Chapter and non-members. PRSA-CIEC represents business and industry, counseling firms, government, associations, hospitals, schools, professional services firms and nonprofit organizations.
What if a crisis occurred in your organization or with your client, would you be able to communicate effectively, all while maintaining integrity? Attend the PRSA-CIEC’s upcoming luncheon to learn important tips for communicating in a crisis.
- When: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
- Where: Canyon Crest Country Club
975 Country Club Drive
Riverside, CA 92506.
- Topic: Integrity equals Honesty: Standing Firm during a Crisis
How standing firm during a national crisis makes all the difference for public integrity.
- Speaker: Former Metrolink Commuter Rail spokeswoman, Denise Tyrrell.
- Why: Tyrrell was the primary spokeswoman during the Glendale and Chatsworth Metrolink rail crashes and her stance on maintaining the integrity of communications with the public sparked a nationwide discussion on ethics in media and communication. She is currently the Director of Public Affairs overseeing the business and community outreach division as well as the Southern California Representative for the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). She has been a key player in building vital communication links between the CPUC, local governments and the major utilities.
- Cost: Members $20, Non-Members $35 and Students $15
- How to
Register: Email Sarah Hahne at email@example.com or visit http://prsaie.org/meetinginfo.php. Reservations are required.
Additionally, the PRSA California Inland Empire Chapter offers various sponsorship opportunities – monthly seminar luncheons, in-kind promotions and at annual events. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out about how to align your business with the PRSA-CIEC.