2015 Manufacturers’ Summit to Focus on 3D Printing Technologies
INLAND EMPIRE, CA. DECEMBER 24, 2014 – Keynote speaker Ed Tackett will present on additive manufacturing (3-D printing) and the rapid growth of opportunities the technology will bring to the region at the 4th Annual I.E. Manufacturers’ Summit, presented by the Manufacturers’ Council Inland Empire (MCIE). Tackett is the director of the National Science Foundation Center for Rapid Technologies at UC Irvine, a center of development and advancement of additive manufacturing and related emerging technologies.
Additional programming is underway for the Summit, to be held on February 19, 2015 at the newly renovated Riverside Convention Center in downtown Riverside.
Charles E. “Gus” Whalen, Jr., a leading advocate for U.S. manufacturing, will present during the conference luncheon. Whalen is Chairman of the Warren Featherbone Foundation, an educational center focusing on the manufacturing industry located in Gainesville, Georgia.
Breakout sessions will cover important topics relevant to the manufacturing industry and regional businesses, including:
- Lean Manufacturing: Productivity and Safety presented for the second consecutive year by Ron Hurst, President Developing Leaders, Inc.
- Export/ Import and Export through Tijuana and Mexicali two sessions moderated by Roy Paulson of Paulson Manufacturing, including information on Maquiladora Program
- Work Ethic: The Key to Engagement, Retention and Sustained Performance by Josh Davies, CEO of The Center for Work Ethic Development, with tactics on improving ethics in the workplace
- Channel Disruption and Marketing: Same Day Delivery and How the Changing Distribution Systems Will Impact Every Business presented by consultant and author Ron Burgess of RedFusion Business Consulting, with a panel discussion on the changing distribution systems and their plausible impact on businesses
- Workforce Development Opportunities and Assistance a panel discussion
- The Graying of the Manufacturing Workforce: Challenges and Solutions with a panel discussion
- New Laws and Regulations: Fight or Flight? presented by Dorothy Rothrock, President California Manufacturers’ and Technology Association and keynote speaker of the 2014 Summit, and Paul Granillo, CEO and President of the Inland Empire Economic Partnership, to discuss the impact of regulations on local business
The Annual E=mc² Innovation Award ceremony will celebrate the most innovative manufacturers from across the Inland Empire. Trophies will be presented for innovation in the following categories: resource efficiency, in workforce development issues, and in marketing.
Manufacturers will showcase products made in the Inland Empire. Inland Empire manufacturers interested in displaying their locally manufactured products are encouraged to sign up early as a “Made in the Inland Empire” exhibitor.
The Manufacturers’ Council and its partners are hopeful that the 2015 Summit will achieve the same positive results as previous years, recognizing that the annual event has brought both local and national attention to the Inland region’s manufacturing industry. Each year since 2011, the Summit has gathered the local community to promote education and success in manufacturing.
The Summit has had capacity attendance for the last two years. Molly Burgess, Executive Management for the Manufacturers’ Council of the Inland Empire, suggests that sponsors and vendors register early to ensure space is available. More information about the Summit, including how to register to attend the event, can be found on the Manufacturers’ Council website at www.mfgcouncilie.com
Thank you to our 2015 Summit Sponsors