Annual Awards and Arts Gala for Riverside Community College District
RCCD’s Annual Awards and Arts Gala: Celebrating 100 years and 25 years of Student Success
The Riverside Community College District is celebrating college anniversaries while honoring seven outstanding individuals and a business partner for notable contributions to RCCD colleges and the community. The 2016 RCCD Annual Recognition Awards and Arts Gala will be held on April 26 at 5:30 pm at the Riverside Convention Center.
The Gala supports the district’s performing arts and will feature live student performances. Proceeds and sponsorships from the event will support college performing arts programs.
This is a special year because Riverside City College is celebrating 100 years and Moreno Valley and Norco colleges are celebrating 25 year anniversaries.
“The Gala is an evening of celebration. It is an opportunity to have notable alumni share how the colleges have helped shape their careers, and for the District to honor outstanding community and business partners who support our mission,” said RCCD Foundation Director, Amy Cardullo.
The evening will include performances from vocal, instrumental, dance, and theatre student groups from Moreno Valley, Norco and Riverside City colleges as well as honoring the following award recipients:
- 60th Alumnus of the Year – Virginia Blumenthal, JD, distinguished attorney and owner of Blumenthal Law Offices. Noted community supporter, philanthropist, and president of the RCCD Board of Trustees.
- Distinguished Public Service –Jose Medina, 61st District Assemblyman, chair of the Assembly Committee on Higher Education, former RCCD Board of Trustees member and educator.
- Chancellor’s Award for Excellence – Gary and Sheila Locke, longtime educators and directors of the world-renowned RCC Marching Tigers.
- Moreno Valley College Young Alumnus – Tamara Thacker, U.S. Navy veteran, first female to be incorporated into the U.S. Marine Corps Basic Reconnaissance Training.
- Norco College Young Alumnus – Ryan Cortez, community advocate and Economic Development Specialist for the City of Corona.
- Riverside City College Young Alumnus – Renzo Corzano, Ph.D. in biochemistry/molecular biology from UCR. Currently pursuing a medical degree at New York Medical College.
- Outstanding Partner – The County of Riverside – longstanding partner with RCCD programs, scholarships and events.
Sponsorship opportunities remain available for the 2016 Annual Recognition Awards & Arts Gala as well as tickets, all of which can be reserved by calling (951) 222-8626.