Fontana’s Let’s Move on the Trail – Oct. 8th
Fontana, Calif. – The City of Fontana invites you to lace up your sneakers and walk, bike or jog over to the Let’s Move on the Trail Event taking place on Saturday, October 8, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. along the Pacific Electric Trail (PET) between Cypress Avenue and Mango Avenue in Fontana. See flyer. The family-friendly fitness event will include a variety of activities such as a Healthy Pets Expo, Fontana Police and Fire Station #71 Open Houses, tours and free healthy giveaways.
The Community Services Department, Fire Department, and Police Department are coming together to throw a party along the Pacific Electric Trail for everyone to enjoy. This is what you will find along the PET:
- Free healthy popsicles for the first 1,000 participants by the Art Depot Gallery
- Healthy Pet Expo with a low-cost vaccine clinic, pet photo booth and costume contest with a winner announced every hour
- Art and Relaxation Expo- free massage zone, interactive games, and mental health information
- Safety and Emergency Preparedness Fair- learn what to do, the steps to take to stay safe and prepared in case a natural disaster occurs
- Fontana Police Open House to include station tours, SWAT vehicles and live demonstrations by the K9, bicycle, motorcycle and SWAT Teams.
- Fire Station #71 Open House to include station tours, live auto extrication demos, home fire safety simulator, the Hazardous Materials Response Unit, the Urban Search and Rescue Team and fire safety information booth
- Farmer’s Market- buy locally grown fresh fruits, vegetables, food from vendors and more
- Health and Fitness Expo will include dentists, personal trainers, cross fit gym representatives, chiropractors and many more participants will be on hand to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Walk/Run Event will start on Cedar Avenue at 9 a.m. Register at healthyfontana.org.
- Bicycle Event will start on North Heritage Circle at 8:30 a.m. and end at the Miller Fitness Center. Register here.
- Mayor and City Council will welcome the community at 10:15 a.m. with opening remarks
Join us on Saturday, October 8, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The Fontana Let’s Move on the Trail event will have something for everyone. Meet your police officers, firefighters, and community representatives while enjoying a fun day on the trail.
For more information contact Kristy Samples at email@example.com or 909-349-6936.