Garner Holt, CEO, Garner Holt Productions – District Small Business Person of the Year
Nominated by Patricia Thomson, President, Grow America Fund
Garner Holt Productions, Inc. designs, produces and maintains high-quality animatronic figures and special effects equipment. The company specializes in custom designed animatronics, computerized digital audio and show control systems, special effects involving light, water, and fire, interactive and engaging museum and corporate exhibits, and state-of-the-art show action systems for stage and ride-based presentations. Garner Holt Productions was founded in 1977 by Garner L. Holt and is based in San Bernardino, California.
Garner Holt Productions was cited for the following accomplishments in their nomination package:
- Staying Power – Garner Holt Productions (GHP) has been in business for thirty years and has worked with some of the biggest names in the entertainment world
- Growth in Number of Employees – GHP has grown from an average of thirty-five employees prior to 2008 to an average of seventy-five to eighty employees
- Increase in Sales – GHP has increased from $4 million in sales prior to 2008 to more than $8 million
- Innovation in their Industry – Most recently, GHP created an entire animatronic Afghani village marketplace at the Infantry Immersive Training Center at Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton
- Response to Adversity – The company has maintained its position as a leader in their field despite attempts by other companies to design and manufacture products overseas
- Contributions by Nominee to Aid Community Oriented Projects – Garner Holt currently serves on the Board of Governors and the Board of the College of Arts and Letters at California State University, San Bernardino, and the Ryman Arts Foundation, two institutions which serve as an incubator for emerging artists and others in the industry
Congratulations to the district winners of our 48th Annual Small Business Week Awards! Come and join the SBA and our partners at the Yuhaviatam Room of the San Manuel Indian Bingo & Casino on June 2, 2011 at 11:30 am as we celebrate the achievements of these small business owners and supporters. Please contact Jennifer Hoff at (909) 888-9011 ext. 201 or click here to reserve your spot.
Every year since 1963, the President of the United States has proclaimed National Small Business Week to recognize the importance of America’s small businesses. SBA district offices throughout the nation and its territories host and participate in a variety of events and functions to honor the crucial role small businesses play in our communities and award deserving businesses in various categories. Award winners from each category then compete at the state, regional, and national level. Winners of the National Small Business Week Awards participate in the festivities in Washington, D.C. as the President salutes their contributions to the nation’s economy.