Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House 2013 Walk For Kids
Want to join the team for the 2013 Walk for Kids?
Walk with us on April 7th, 2013, as we help out with the largest fundraiser for the Loma Linda Ronald McDonald House – a great opportunity to provide much needed support.
Please take a few minutes to find out more about the ministry at the house. Check out this video that we recently completed that shows some of the services that we offer to the families who stay in the house while their children are being treated at area hospitals:
Join the team!
- If you would like to walk, join the Cutler Insurance team by clicking here.
- If you can’t walk, please sponsor my team by clicking here.
A few facts about the house that have really resonated with me over the past few years that I’d like to share with you:
- 100% of the funds raised in Loma Linda, stay here and support the families. McDonald’s Corporation pays for 100% of the national overhead and support which enables us to keep 100% of the funds here.
- In 2012, we served 5,437 people who had families receiving treatment at local area hospitals.
- Our occupancy is currently over 150% and we haven’t had an empty room since 2006. Until we are able to expand, we have raised the funds to put up nearly 1,000 families PER YEAR in local hotels while their kids are being treated.
- Many of the families that we host live 50+ miles away. This allows the parents to be across the street from their kids when they aren’t at their bedside.
- Last week, I met with a family who has a son that is receiving chemo treatment for a brain tumor. Treatment will last a couple of months. Without the Ronald McDonald House, his family would have to travel 130 miles per day. With the services provided by the House, his family is able to stay together through this tough time. The costs would be financially devastating to this family.
- This is one of the top rated charities in the world (thanks to the generous overhead support provided by the McDonalds Corporation) and you can be assured that your support will go directly to help the families in our area.
For those of you that haven’t been to the House and would like to take a tour, I’d be glad to show you around. Just let me know and we’ll set a time to take a tour.
Thanks for your support,
Charlie Cutler, Managing Partner