Manufacturing Day – Friday, October 7th , 2016
Rancho Cucamonga, California – On September 21, 2016, the Rancho Cucamonga City Council presented a proclamation to the Rancho Cucamonga Chamber of Commerce in support of Manufacturing Day. Manufacturing Day is an annual event that occurs on the first Friday of October, during which manufacturers open their doors to showcase the potential of modern manufacturing and foster interest in manufacturing careers. The proclamation recognizes the importance of local manufacturers within the community. Manufacturing Day also helps address common misperceptions about manufacturing by giving manufacturers an opportunity to open their doors and show, in a coordinated effort, what manufacturing is — and what it isn’t.
As part of Manufacturing Day the City is encouraging manufacturers to host visits, tours, and other events for students, parents, teachers, guidance counselors, and other members of the community. A collection of resources is available online at www.MFGDay.com for employers, school districts, and others to host or take part in open houses or related events.
The following events are scheduled in Rancho Cucamonga:
- October 5, 2016 – Rancho Cucamonga High School hosting City staff on campus at lunch to promote Manufacturing Day. For more information contact: Hannah Mac Kenzie (909) 477-2700.
- October 7, 2016 – Tekton hosting an open house to showcase their company. For more information contact: Kimberly Unzicker (909) 466-6845. -More- Manufacturing Day – Page 2
- October 7, 2016 – Prestige Mold Inc. is hosting a facility tour and presentation from 9:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. by invitation only. For more information contact: Lyndsay Petersen (909) 980-6600.
- October 7, 2016 – Chaffey College hosting an open house and expo at the INTECH Center (9500 Cherry Ave., Fontana CA. 92335) from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For more information contact: Ann Marie Allen (909) 320-6962.
- October 7, 2016 – Los Osos High School hosting City staff for class presentations. For more information contact: Hannah Mac Kenzie (909) 477-2700.
- October 19, 2016 – Etiwanda High School hosting City staff to participate in the school Career Fair. For more information contact: Hannah Mac Kenzie (909) 477-2700.
- October 26, 2016 – Alta Loma High School hosting City staff at the College and Career Fair. For more information contact: Hannah Mac Kenzie (909) 477-2700.
For More Information – To learn more about Manufacturing Day, log on to www.MFGDay.com or call (815) 399-8700.