PBIS Showcase To Recognize Statewide Award-Winning Schools
Rancho Cucamonga, CA – Schools and programs representing 133 sites from the West End, East Valley and Mountain regions of San Bernardino County will receive recognition for their platinum, gold and silver awards from the California PBIS Coalition on Dec. 13.
The California PBIS Coalition provides the awards for outstanding work with Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) to improve the culture on campus for students and staff.
The awards ceremony will be held at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center in Rancho Cucamonga, hosted by San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools’ PBIS program.
County Superintendent Ted Alejandre is scheduled to honor the award-winning schools and programs at the ceremony. The silver, gold and platinum award winners represent 15 districts in the region. The recipients by school district are:
- Alta Loma: Vineyard;
- Chino Valley: Lyle S. Briggs; Chaparral; Alicia Cortez; Country Springs; Butterfield Ranch; Levi H. Dickey; Dickson; Eagle Canyon; Glenmeade; Howard Cattle; Liberty; Gerald F. Litel; Magnolia; E.J. Marshall; Ramona; Edwin Rhodes; Rolling Ridge; Walnut Avenue; Michael G. Wickman; Woodcrest;
- Colton: Colton High; Cooley Ranch; Joe Baca; Michael D’Arcy; Mary B. Lewis; William McKinley; Reche Canyon; Sycamore Hills; Washington High;
- Cucamonga: Cucamonga Elementary;
- Fontana: Alder;Citrus; Cypress; Dolores Huerta International Academy; Jurupa Hills High; Oleander; Sequoia; Harry S. Truman; West Randall;
- Morongo: Condor; Joshua Tree; Landers; Morongo Valley; Oasis; Twentynine Palms High; Twentynine Palms Junior High; Yucca Valley High;
- Mountain View: Creek View; Ranch View;
- Ontario-Montclair: Arroyo; Central Language Academy; Corona; De Anza; Del Norte; Edison; El Camino; Elderberry; Euclid; Hawthorne; Richard Haynes; Kingsley; Lincoln; Mariposa; Moreno; Oaks; Ramona; Sultana; Vernon; Vina Danks; Vista Grande;
- Redlands: Arroyo Verde; Crafton; Franklin; Lugonia; Orangewood Continuation High;
- Rialto: Bemis; Boyd; Wilmer Amina Carter High; Casey; Sam V. Curtis; Eisenhower High; Henry; Elizabeth T. Hughbanks; William G. Jehue; Kelley; Kolb; Ethel Kucera; Preston; Rialto High; Rialto Middle; Samuel W. Simpson; Trapp;
- Rim of the World: Charles Hoffman;
- San Bernardino City: Roger Anton; Arrowhead; Arrowview; Barton; Juanita Blakely Jones; Bradley; Cole; Curtis; H. Frank Dominguez; Del Vallejo; Emmerton; Fairfax; Highland Pacific; Indian Springs High; Kimbark; Martin Luther King Jr.; Lankershim; Marshall; Ramona-Alessandro; Riley; Roosevelt; San Andreas High; Serrano; Thompson; Wilson;
- San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools: Dorothy Gibson High; Frost County Early Education Center; Mulberry County Early Education Center;
- Upland: Baldy View; Cabrillo; Pioneer; Sierra Vista; Upland Elementary; Upland Junior High; Valencia;
- Yucaipa-Calimesa: Calimesa; Dunlap; Valley; Wildwood.
The San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools serves as an intermediate service agency between the California Department of Education and the 33 K-12 school districts in the county. The office works in collaboration with school districts, other agencies, families and the community at-large to ensure success for the 403,000 K-12 students in San Bernardino County.