Tomorrow: Small Business Opportunities Returning to San Bernardino
Small Business Growth Returning to San Bernardino
San Bernardino, CA – Small business owners are the largest financial contributors to the San Bernardino area economy. Join other businesses and entrepreneurs and envision your future in business and be part of the rebirth of downtown San Bernardino.
Attend and network at the free workshop on May 7th. Hear directly from some of the leading business organizations that are helping businesses start and invest in San Bernardino.
Downtown San Bernardino is located in a California Opportunity Zone, which provides for projects and funding opportunities that are focused on community development. Established in the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, Opportunity Zones provide tax incentives for investment in designated census tracts. California Opportunity Zones will support new investments in environmental justice, sustainability, climate change, and affordable housing.
The event will be held at the Andreson Building, which is presently undergoing a renovation and renewal program. The building will be renaming “The Enterprise Building.” While the area around the Enterprise Building has undergone a complete change, this fine old office building will continue to play its original role as a quality business and office facility at the focal center of the community; a fitting monument to the Andreson family for their century of service to our community.
The workshop will include local business leaders:
- Sylvia Gutierrez – Economic Development Specialist at U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA). Sylvia works for the U.S. Small Business Administration, Orange County / Inland Empire District Office. She is an Economic Development Specialist and Women’s Business Outreach Representative.
- Hilda Kennedy Founder/President of AmPac Tri-State CDC, Inc. Hilda served on the White House and SBA Council on Underserved Communities; one of 15 representatives chosen across the country. She is current President-Elect for the National Association of Women Business Owners-California.
- Christine Sanchez – Business Development Officer at Accion. Since Accion’s founding in 1961, they have worked to empower people who are underserved, revolutionizing financial services for people who are left out.
- Jeffrey Kowallis – V.P. Business Development Officer at Wells Fargo Wholesale Banking, specializing in commercial banking, real estate and business accounts.
- Edward Ornelas Jr. – President & CEO of Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce
The event is organized by the Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce which focuses on mid to large size companies requiring a more regional marketing and advertising approach across both Riverside and San Bernardino Counties.
A Business Resource Workshop For Entrepreneurs, Start-Ups & Small Business Owners
May 7, 2019, 9 AM – 11 AM
The Enterprise Building aka Andreson Building
320 North E Street
San Bernardino, California
PARKING INFORMATION: Parking is located North of the building in the attached parking structure
This story is Partner Content.