3rd Annual Rube Goldberg Competition Scheduled For Feb. 13
Riverside, CA – Approximately 250 elementary, middle and high school students from both San Bernardino and Riverside counties are expected to participate in the third annual Rube Goldberg competition, which will be held Feb. 13 and is organized by the San Bernardino County Superintendent of Schools’ Alliance for Education.
The event will be held at the Riverside Convention Center, located at 3637 Fifth St. in Riverside. The competition allows students to collaborate as a team to create a complex machine designed to achieve a simple task. This year’s competition is called, “Put Money in a Piggy Bank.” The public is invited to see how the entries work at 1 p.m. Awards will be presented beginning at 2 p.m.
Among the entries, teams represent eight elementary schools, seven middle schools and nine high schools, including nine San Bernardino County school districts, one Regional Occupational Program (ROP) and one other school district from Riverside County.
- 2018 – Chino’s Briggs K-8 School Wins National Rube Goldberg Contest
- 2017 – MCIE Gives Manufacturing Award for “High Goldbergian Logic
Below is the list of schools by local education agency that have entered the competition:
- Big Bear Unified: Big Bear Middle;
- Chino Valley Unified: Lyle S. Briggs Fundamental;
- Colton Joint Unified: Jurupa Vista Elementary, Colton Middle and Joe Baca Middle;
- Colton-Redlands-Yucaipa ROP: Colton High, Oak View High, Orangewood High, Redlands High;
- Ontario-Montclair: Del Norte Elementary and Oaks Middle;
- Redlands Unified: Franklin Elementary;
- Rialto Unified: W.J.C. Trapp Elementary, Merle S. Casey Elementary, W.A. Myers Elementary,
- Rialto Middle, Ben F. Kolb Middle and Rialto High;
- Riverside Unified: Abraham Lincoln High;
- San Bernardino City Unified: Bing Wong Elementary and Pacific High;
- Upland Unified: Foothills Knolls Elementary and Upland High;
- Victor Valley Union High: University Preparatory.
The Rube Goldberg competition was made possible with funding from Southern California Edison, Mitsubishi Cement and California Steel Industries, along with collaboration from County Schools’ Alliance for Education, the Manufacturing Council of the Inland Empire and Wells Fargo.
For more information about the event, contact the Alliance for Education at 909.386.2636.
For more information on the competition, go to http://rubegoldberg.com