NAACP Riverside Branch Celebrates 75 Years at the 2017 Freedom Fund Gala
Riverside, CA – The Riverside Branch of the NAACP honors outstanding accomplishments of community leaders each year at its Freedom Fund Celebration. This year’s 2017 Freedom Celebration will not only recognize great leaders, but also celebrate the organization’s 75 years of existence in Riverside, Calif. The theme is: “Celebrating 75 Years Fighting For Equality, Justice & Freedom”. The 2017 Freedom Fund Celebration will be held on Thursday, March 30 at the Riverside Convention Center located at 3637 Fifth St. in Riverside, Calif. The event sells out every year with an opportunity to network with the “who’s who” of Riverside, enjoy a delicious gourmet strolling dinner, entertainment and more. Doors open at 5 p.m.,social networking, dinner and awards at 6 p.m.
The Freedom Fund Celebration is an annual fundraising gala where community leaders and organizations are honored for significant contributions made to their community. This year’s honorees are:
- KD Haircare Supply, owners Keonna and Kayla Davis – (Business)
- Betty Anderson, Inland Empire Links Inc., Charter Member (Community)
- Dr. Michael Burke, Riverside City College Chancellor (Education)
- Cherie Russell, Riverside Community Hospital, Assistant Vice President (Health)
- Bishop Leroi Lacey, KPRO-1570 (Media)
- Lt. Col. Andra Higgs, U.S. Force (Military)
- Dr. Denise Fleming, Moreno Valley Unified School District, former board member (Political)
- Michael Kelly, Pastor, Mt. Rubidoux Seventh Day Adventist Church (Religion)
- Dr. Kim A. Wilcox, University of California, Riverside, Chancellor (Roy Wilkins Award)
- Rose Mayes, Fair Housing Council of Riverside County, Executive Director (Griot Award)
- Cochér Car Club (Stratton Award)
“We are delighted to celebrate the accomplishments of our outstanding Honorees at this year’s event. Additionally, 2017 is a significant year for us, because it marks the Riverside Branch NAACP’s 75th Anniversary of speaking truth to power in our City of Riverside,” stated NAACP Riverside Branch President Waudieur Rucker-Hughes.
Tickets are $80/per person (including parking) and can be purchase online at: www.naacp-riverside.org. For more information contact the event chair Dr. Regina Stell at 951-217-0055 or 951-324-9603. Email email@example.com and find us on Facebook at RiversideNAACP.
About NAACP Riverside Branch (#1059)
The mission of the NAACP is to advocate for political, education, social and economic equality of rights for all citizens, as well as eradicate racial injustice. The NAACP-Riverside Branch has been fulfilling this mission serving the community for 75 years. The organization has been recognizing significant contributions at this gala affair since the mid-1950s when the first Freedom Fund Dinner was held.