Riverside’s 25 “Most Remarkable Teens”
25 “Most Remarkable Teens” For 2019
Riverside, CA – The Riverside Youth Council, a youth program coordinated in partnership between the City of Riverside Mayor’s Office and the Riverside Police Department, is pleased to announce this year’s 25 “Most Remarkable Teens.”
This most remarkable teen program is designed to recognize Riverside’s youth, enrolled in grades 8 to 12, for their excellence in academics, athletics, arts & culture, community involvement, leadership, courage to overcome, acts of valor, or any other remarkable accomplishments. The applications are carefully reviewed, deliberated, and then selected by the Youth Council.
These 25 teens will be recognized and honored in a special ceremony at the City Council meeting scheduled for Tuesday, April 23, 2019, at 4:00 p.m. The event will be held at the Council Chambers at Riverside City Hall, located at 3900 Main Street in downtown Riverside. The public and media are invited to attend.
Currently under the mentorship of the Riverside Police Department and Office of the Mayor Rusty Bailey, the Riverside Youth Council was established in 2004 by the City Council as a means of expression and leadership development for the city’s youth. The program aims to encourage Riverside’s best and brightest to have a voice in public policy and other decision making that directly impacts the lives of young people.
25 “Most Remarkable Teens” For 2019:
- Sydnee Salcedo – Ameilia Earhart Middle School
- Raven Hall, Valeria Ramirez, Kyle Suk, And Blanca Torres – Arlington High School
- Bryan Martinez And Lisa Younes – Hillcrest High School
- Katie Savage – John W. North High School
- Laielonie Daniels And Sophia Leight – La Sierra High School
- Danielle Cabrera And Kane Le Blanc – Martin Luther King High School
- Kaylee Cervantes – Our Lady Of Perpetual Help School
- Rafael Alvarez, Alexis Arrivillaga, America Delgado, Marcous Garcia, Airam Gutierrez, Alejandra Horta, Savanna Petty, Paola Rosa, Fabian Sanchez, And Wendy Solis – Ramona High School
- Arpita Kanrar And Amir Zidan – Riverside Stem Academy