San Bernardino County Forecast Conference
May 1, 2018 at Ontario Convention Center
Ontario, Ca – The San Bernardino County Forecast Conference will be on May 1, 2018, hosted by the Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau. The community is invited to attend this event starting at 7:30am with Registration and Networking opportunities, followed by an informative program from 8:30am to 11:00am. The program will be presented by UC Riverside School of Business Center for Economic Forecasting and Development.
Keynote Speakers include the following:
- Michael K. Krouse – President & CEO of Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau
- Dr. Christopher Thornberg, PhD – Director of UC Riverside School of Business Center
- Reg Javier – Deputy Executive Officer of Workforce & Economic Development for San Bernardino County
- Mark Thorpe – CEO for Ontario International Airport Authority
“We are happy to host this educational event” say Michael K. Krouse, President & CEO of the Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau. “This forecast is valuable for our business community and will affect our planning and vision for economic growth in our area.”
The program will focus on several topics including:
- 2018 will likely be a robust year for U.S. economic growth, but there are a number of imbalances that also may begin forming in the system as forces trying to speed up growth conflict with those trying to slow it down. How will this tension play out in the California and Inland Empire economies?
- The recently passed tax cuts should help boost business investment in the coming year, but the sharp increase in Federal spending could add over $2 trillion in debt to the nation’s deficit. What does this mean for interest rates?
- As the labor shortage in the U.S. continues to grow, investment in labor-saving technologies will likely see a jump in 2018. Which San Bernardino County industries will benefit most?
- Now that China Airlines is flying directly to Ontario International Airport – is our hospitality industry prepared to greet visitors and how will this affect our local economy?
- What’s next for Ontario International Airport – an update on one of the most valuable assets in the region.
Tickets for the event are on sale soon now at SB County Forecast Conference TICKETS. Costs for the event, including breakfast is $50 per person, or a table of eight (8) at $300. Working in partnership with the Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau and UC Riverside School of Business Center for Economic Forecasting and Development is the Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce. For more information on Sponsorship or promotional opportunities please contact the Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official destination marketing organization to promote the cities of Ontario and Rancho Cucamonga, California to visitors nationally and internationally. Under the umbrella of the Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau is the California Welcome Center and several Signature Events to support the overall mission to drive visitors to the region. The Greater Ontario Convention & Visitors Bureau provides the necessary destination support tools to execute a successful experience. Visit www.discoverontariocalifornia.org.
UCR School of Business Center for Economic Forecasting and Development
The UCR School of Business Center for Economic Forecasting and Development is the first world-class university forecasting center in the Inland Empire serving one of the most dynamic regions in the United States. Together, Riverside and San Bernardino Counties make up an economic area that is larger than Seattle, San Diego, or Orange County and twice the size of Silicon Valley. The Center for Economic Forecasting and Development brings the full resources of the university to bear in creating modern, first-rate economic forecasts and economic development products that expand understanding and amplify interest in this vital region, one of the nation’s fastest growing. Visit: www.ucr.edu
Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce
The Inland Empire Regional Chamber of Commerce is non-profit, membership driven organization supporting the interests of Commerce & Economic Prosperity throughout San Bernardino County & Riverside County. The IERCC primarily focuses on and caters to mid-large size businesses within Southern California’s Inland Empire region. Visit: www.iechamber.org