100 Plus Years of Chaffey High School History
ONTARIO MUSEUM OF HISTORY & ART PRESENTS HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE COLLECTION: CHAFFEY HIGH SCHOOL
It is time to grab your notebook and sharpen your pencil as we go back to school. Join Ontario Museum of History & Art’s Curator of Collections, Michelle Sifuentes, and representatives from the Chaffey High School Alumni Association, for the Museum’s Highlights from the Collection talk on Sunday, September 25, 2016 at 2 PM at the Museum.
Officially founded in 1911, Chaffey High School has been a staple of the community for over one hundred years. The story of the high school starts in 1885 when the Chaffey College of Agriculture, an educational dream of George and William Chaffey, opened its doors. The Chaffey Brothers established a trust fund for the college and an agreement was made with the University of Southern California (USC) to supervise the trust and oversee the college. During this time there was no high school established in the area, and as a result students would attend the college to obtain their basic high school education.
In 1901, USC ended its relationship with Chaffey College and the school dissolved. After the college ended, a public high school district was established and Ontario High School made use of the college’s property and buildings. In 1911, a Union High School District was established, which included the Cities of Ontario and Upland. Ontario High School then became Chaffey Union High School. Come learn more about the history of Chaffey High School and see artifacts from the both the Museum and the Chaffey High School Alumni Association collections. Admission is free and reservations are required.
About the Ontario Museum of History & Art
The Ontario Museum of History & Art is located at 225 S. Euclid Avenue, Ontario, California 91762. Gallery hours are Noon to 4 PM, Thursday through Sunday. Admission is free. For more information call (909) 395-2510, email at email@example.com or visit www.ontarioca.gov/museum. The Ontario Museum of History & Art is a public-private museum operated by the City of Ontario with support from the non-profit Ontario Museum of History & Art, Associates.