Riverside Residents Encouraged to Apply for Openings on Advisory Groups
Members of City Boards and Commissions Help Shape Future of Riverside
The City of Riverside is accepting applications from residents who want to serve on Boards and Commissions that help shape policies and practices at City Hall.
Riverside’s 14 Boards and Commissions offer advice and guidance on important policy decisions for the city which affect daily life in the city. Such issues include General Plan updates, building design, signs, parks, recreation, trees, streets, traffic regulations and public utilities.
Members serve four-year terms and are eligible for consideration for reappointment for an additional four-year term. Applications are being accepted through November 14, 2016. Openings include:
- Airport Commission (Ward 6)
- Community Police Review Commission (Wards 2 and 6)
- Cultural Heritage Board (Wards 3 and 6)
- Commission on Disabilities (Wards 5 and 6)
- Human Resources Board (Wards 3 and 5)
- Board of Library Trustees (Ward 6)
- Mayor’s Commission on Aging (Wards 1 and 6)
- Park and Recreation Commission (Ward 6)
- Planning Commission (Wards 3, 4 and 5)
- Board of Public Utilities (Citywide, Wards 4, 5, 6 and 7)
- Transportation Board (Wards 3 and 4)
“The Mayor and City Council members value the input from our community volunteers,” City Clerk Colleen J. Nicol said. “By serving as a member of one of the Boards and Commissions, residents will have an opportunity to make decisions that affect their neighborhoods and city.”
Boards and Commissions include the Airport Commission, Community Police Review Commission, Cultural Heritage Board, Commission on Disabilities, Board of Ethics, Human Relations Commission, Human Resources Board, Board of Library Trustees, Mayor’s Commission on Aging, Metropolitan Museum Board, Park and Recreation Commission, Planning Commission, Board of Public Utilities, and Transportation Board.
Applications are accepted year-round for any of the Boards and Commissions. For more information and applications for each of the Boards and Commissions, visit www.riversideca.gov or visit the City Clerk’s Office on the 7th floor of City Hall, 3900 Main Street.