Keep Fontana Parks Clean in 2017
Fontana, Calif. – The Park Clean-Up Day is a reoccurring event that takes place at different locations around the city every month. Each volunteer opportunity begins at 8 a.m. and ends at 1 p.m. The City of Fontana Public Works, Parks and Landscape Division invite you to participate in the last Fontana Park Clean-Up Day of the year taking place along the Pacific Electric Trail near Tamarind and Palmetto on Saturday, December 10, 2016, from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
If you are looking to give back to your community while spending time outdoors, walk or bike on over to the Pacific Electric Trail near Tamarind and Palmetto Avenue in Fontana this Saturday, December 10th at 8:00 a.m. Staff will be on site with a sign-in sheet and provide volunteers with a schedule for the day. Rakes, shovels and trash bags will be provided. Volunteers are asked to dress comfortably and bring closed-toe shoes or boots. The work will consist of picking up trash, removing weeds along the trail and spreading mulch. Lunch will be provided for all volunteers.
If you are unable to join us this Saturday, December 10th, make plans to join us in 2017 at a Park Clean-Up event near your neighborhood.
- December 10, 2016 PE Trail- Tamarind/Palmetto
- January 28, 2017 Southridge Park- Bird Farm
- February 11, 2017 PE Trail- Maple/Locust
- March 11, 2017 Jurupa Hills Park
- April 8, 2017 Mary Vagle Nature Center
- May 13, 2017 PE Trail- Locust/Laurel
- June 10, 2017 PE Trail-Cypress/Oleander
- July 8, 2017 PE Trail- Tamarind/Palmetto
- August 26, 2017 Southridge Park- Bird Farm
- September 9, 2017 Jurupa Hills Park
- October 14, 2017 Cypress Center- Horseshoe Courts
- November 11, 2017 Southridge Park- Bird Farm
- December 9, 2017 Veterans Park