Amazon Celebrates 100,000th Guest to Tour San Bernardino Facility
San Bernardino, Ca – On Friday, June 14, 2019, Amazon surprised its 100,000th guest of the year during a day of tours at the fulfillment center in San Bernardino. Public tours, which launched nationally this year and are available year-round, allow guests to see the magic that happens after clicking ‘buy.’ Along the tour, each guest was handed an Amazon Smile box and Camille Diaz was surprised to open it and find a brand-new Echo Show. Following the tour, all guests were also given an Echo Dot and invited to a party with associates and managers.
What tour guests see behind-the-scenes is a combination of people and technology working together to fulfill customer orders,” said Amazon General Manager Chris Turner. “Sharing this experience with our 100,000th guest is just the beginning – we look forward to hosting 100,000 more!”
Interested in a tour? Here’s what you’ll experience.
- A warehouse the size of 21 football fields packed with product
- Miles of conveyor belts and ramps moving packages seamlessly
- How Amazonians find exactly what you’ve ordered among hundreds of rows of product
- Try your hand at using Amazon’s packing technology to build their iconic smile box
- See how Amazon smile boxes are stacked for shipment to your front door
Related Inland Empire Amazon News
- Amazon Shows Off New Robotics Fulfillment Center in Eastvale
- First-ever Amazon Logistics Pathways Program At Cajon High School
- Amazon Donates $100,000 to Inland Empire Schools
Since the program’s launch in May 2014, Amazon’s fulfillment centers have welcomed hundreds of thousands of visitors each year, including students, elected officials, nonprofit organizations and members of the public. To book a free tour inside one of Amazon’s Southern California fulfillment center this summer, visit www.amazon.com/fctours.