HR & Employment Practices Panel Discussion
Thursday, December 15 | 11:30 a.m. at the Mission Inn, in Riverside California.
[ecko_button color=”green” size=”large” url=”https://www.ieshrm.org/events2.html”]Get Tickets[/ecko_button]
Join your HR colleagues for lunch and interact with our panel of HR experts. We will explore:
- Where are the talent, skills and experience we need for our organization?
- What can we do to close skills gaps in the labor market?
- What hiring and employment trends should we be aware of in 2017
- How can we brush up on skills for Interviewing, screening, selecting for high performance?
HR Competencies and Skills
- What skills or competencies should HR professionals focus on in the coming year?
- How will the HR profession need to evolve in 2017?
- What are the trends in HR professional development and HR competencies?
Certification & Professional Development
- I have a degree and I’ve been in HR for 20+ years; why should I get certified?
- Which certification (SHRM/HRCI) should I obtain?
Brent Garrett, Attorney: Brent is a partner at Atkinson, Andelson, Loya, Ruud & Romo and is a member of the firm’s Private Labor and Employment Group.
Serena Santillanes, President, Career Journeys, Inc.: Serena is a career counselor/coach, trainer and strategic program expert, and has designed and delivered hundreds of interview, resume, and other career-related classes.
April Grossinger, Career Strategist and Career Journeys, Inc. Associate: April helps those who make hiring decisions to make better, more informed candidate choices by adopting a new, effective interviewing method.
Richard Dawson, IE SHRM Certification Director, Adjunct Professor at Claremont Colleges and Corporate HR Business Partner at Modern Health LTC: Richard is an experienced HR generalist and leader, and has held various volunteer positions with CalSHRM and SHRM.
Twillea Evans-Carthen, Manager, Human Resources at CSUSB and Adjunct Instructor at Chapman-Brandman University, Riverside. Twillea has 33 years of HR experience and 19 years of experience teaching HR and organizational leadership.
The deadline to REGISTER
online is Friday, December 9.