Norco College Named a “2018 Great College to Work For”
The College ranked among the best institutions in the categories of:
- Collaborative Governance — Faculty members are appropriately involved in decisions related to academic programs.
- Compensation and Benefits – Pay is fair, and benefits meet the needs of employees.
- Confidence in Senior Leadership – Leaders have the necessary knowledge, skills, and experience for institutional success.
- Job Satisfaction – Provides insight into the satisfaction with job fit, autonomy, and resources.
- Supervisor/Department Chair Relationship – Supervisor makes expectations clear and solicits ideas.
A total 253 institutions participated, including 165 four-year and 88 two-year institutions. Only 84 were recognized, including 60 four-year and 24 two-year institutions.
“The recognition of NC being one of the Great Colleges to Work For in the country is frankly a reflection of the commitment and engagement of our talented faculty and staff,” said Norco College President Bryan Reece.
Norco College has approximately 500 employees and serves over 13,000 students.
The survey results are based on a two-part assessment process: an institutional audit that captured demographics and workplace policies, and a survey administered to faculty, administrators and professional support staff. The primary factor in deciding whether an institution received recognition was the employee feedback.
To administer the survey and analyze the results, The Chronicle of Higher Education worked with ModernThink LLC, a strategic human capital consulting firm that has conducted numerous “Best Places to Work” programs, surveying hundreds of thousands of employees nationwide.