Fontana: Draft Environmental Impact Report and General Plan Draft Ready
Draft Environmental Impact Report and General Plan Draft Ready for Public Review
Fontana, Calif.– The Draft Environmental Impact Report (Draft EIR) for the General Plan Update has been released for the 45-day public review period. Public comments will be accepted on the Draft EIR through Monday, July 23, 2018. The public is also invited to share comments during the Fontana Planning Commission meeting on Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. located inside the City of Fontana Council Chambers (8353 Sierra Avenue). Click here to review the draft General Plan Update and Draft Environmental Impact Report.
The General Plan can be thought of as the City of Fontana’s constitution or blueprint for its growth and development over the next 20 years. The General Plan Update provides a guide for land-use, development regulations and other actions working towards the goals defined in the General Plan. The Draft EIR assesses potential significant environmental effects of the proposed General Plan Update and amendment to the Fontana Municipal Code (Chapter 30, Zoning and Development).
If unable to attend the public hearing scheduled for June 19, 2018, a copy of the Draft EIR and the General Plan Draft are available at the following locations to view only:
- City Hall – City Clerk’s Office (8353 Sierra Avenue): Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Development Services Offices – Planning Counter (8353 Sierra Avenue): Monday through Thursday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Fontana Lewis Library & Technology Center ( 8437 Sierra Avenue): Monday through Thursday – 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Friday and Saturday – 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday – 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Jessie Turner Health & Fitness Community Center (15556 Summit Avenue): Monday through Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Fontana Community Senior Center (16710 Ceres Avenue): Monday through Friday – 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Don Day Neighborhood Center (14501 Live Oak Avenue): Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., and Saturday – 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
A future public hearing meeting will be held for the community to provide comments on the draft General Plan specifically. Staff expects to present the Fontana City Council with a final draft in late September 2018.
For additional information, or to request a CD with a copy of the drafts, contact Senior Planner Dawn Rowe at (909) 350-6694 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.