RCTC Has Created #RebootMyCommute
Riverside, CA – No one likes sitting in traffic, being late to work, or hitting a big pothole on the way to the grocery store. The Riverside County Transportation Commission (RCTC) is frustrated by these things too.
To drive change, RCTC has created #RebootMyCommute, a public engagement campaign that urges feedback from every corner of 7,300-square-mile Riverside County. This feedback will help update our transportation roadmap, which is vital to economic growth, public safety, and quality of life.
“The best solutions come from the ground up,” said Chuck Washington, RCTC chair and Riverside County supervisor. “We need to hear from the people whose lives depend on our transportation system every day so we can create a vision and act, together.”
Riverside County currently faces a $12.6 billion gap between its transportation needs and expected funding during the next 20 years. RCTC is conducting a review of the long-term transportation plan that Riverside County voters approved in 2002 and will be adopting a new 10-year plan for highway and transit priorities this summer. As part of this review and priority-setting effort, the Commission will determine if an additional countywide sales tax to improve transportation would be appropriate.
“We need to change the conversation about transportation,” said Anne Mayer, executive director of RCTC. “The status quo is not sustainable. We will need to think outside the familiar white and yellow lines. All ideas are welcome,” she said.
To learn more and join the conversation:
- Visit RebootMyCommute.org
- Share photos, videos, and comments on social media and don’t forget to tag @TheRCTC and use #RebootMyCommute on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Call 800-450-3650
- Text “RCTC” to 55222
- Stop by booths at various community events across Riverside County
- Take part in Telephone Town Hall meetings:
- Western Riverside County: March 19 at 6:30 p.m. Call (855) 756-7520 Ext. 46607#
- Eastern Riverside County: March 20 at 6:30 p.m. Call (855) 756-7520 Ext. 46608#